Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 6

July 12, 2010

I felt better last night during my shift – I wasn't tired at all. I attribute this to chatting more with the other crew and also some nice hot apple cider I made at the outset. Got some good sleep last night.



Brendan made some pineapple curry today from the one fresh pineapple we had and it was amazing. Soangela made some quesadillas covered in chili for lunch and it was also very tasty.

I wish I had brought more music, but unfortunately I don't have a lot of it in MP3 format, just CDs. I especially would like to listen to Rite of Spring or the Prokofiev Romeo and Juliet. I was enjoying watching a Valery Gergiev version of the latter on Youtube before I left.



I keep thinking about Stacey and what she's up to.

So far the crossing has been what Jay described and what Dave the Scot predicted. Jay doesn't like it because it's boring (and it is). Dave hasn't done one yet but guessed that most of the time it requires very little skill or seamanship. Long distance blue water cruising seems to cover a pretty small but important set of skills. Mainly navigation and piloting, dealing with monotony, and then occasionally dealing with heavy weather (which hopefully we won't have to do on this trip).

Oh yeah, we crossed 32 degrees North latitude today, which means we're parallel with San Diego. The next mark for me will be 38 degrees North, when we're across from San Francisco.

No comments: