Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 5

July 11, 2010

The wind is turning more NE than I’d like, and I don’t think we’re heading much above 330 degrees magnetic. We’ve heard from other cruising friends who are in a Hans Christiansen 38 that is doing much better. I’ll be interested to see when the wind starts clocking more E and then hopefully SE. My suspicion is that we’ll end up motoring across the northern part of the high. I wish we were on a faster, better performing boat.

Had a strange dream last night. I was sailing my boat and then somehow woke up at home with Stacey. I couldn’t remember where I had parked my boat and I thought I had left it in Tokyo. I thought I had to fly there and then sail it back. Strange.



I’m fumbling around with the sextant. Taking the actual sights is not very difficult, but there are a lot of table entries and corrections to make after that. I’m hoping to get it all figured out in the next few days. I’ve found that I only have 3-4 hours where I’m not steering or sleeping.

We saw a cargo ship today. It came onto the horizon on the NE and we got closer to it as it was heading W. I was almost able to make out the name on the side, but not quite. I don’t think it was further than 3 miles away.

No comments: